With four days left until the New Year, I want to sneak a quick reminder into your inbox:
Take care of yourself. Don’t wait until January 1st. I know how easy it is to check out and let all resolve go in these few days between the holidays. But every moment you spend intentionally now will come back to you hundredfold in self love, confidence and health. Here are five simple things you can do to make sure you are nurtured and feeling good by the time 2018 rolls around:
1. Drink 16 oz of filtered, warm lemon water upon awaking each morning. I mix hot water from the tea kettle with room temperature water for the perfect drinking temperature. Squeeze in 1/4 lemon.
2. Move. Doesn’t have to be a lot, doesn’t need to be your daunting New Year’s fitness resolution. A little movement goes a long way toward feel-good endorphins and the knowledge that you did something for yourself today. Set a timer and move for 5 minutes – any kind, any type of movement. Turn on a favorite song and dance it away … there’s a good 4-5 minute exercise break right there!
3. Put down your phone and connect with someone in your life. Eye to eye, voice to voice, heart to heart. Nothing cures the blues of winter isolation like authentic connection.
4. Take a candlelight detox bath … 1 c. Epsom salts and several drops of your favorite essential oil. Soak for at least 15 minutes. The magnesium in the Epsom salts is detoxing and relaxing. Enjoy the sensual experience of warm water and candlelight. Let your mind relax and leave those worries in the water.
5. Go to bed early. This is the season for sleeping. The early darkness and long nights tell us so. Capitalize on your body’s detoxification processes by being in bed by 9:30pm. Aim for no less than 8 hours of sleep.
Keep it simple but be intentional these last four days of 2017 and I will see you in the New Year, happy and healthy!